Friday, March 17, 2006

To market, to market...

I'm off to the Game Developers Conference. I have a busy schedule during my four days in the Bay Area. I shall be speaking on two panels: one on Monday at 11:30 and the other on Thursday at 5:30. Irene is printing up a bunch of brochures, which I shall hand out at the conference. I'll also be speaking on Thursday afternoon at UC Santa Cruz. I have a meeting with Dr. Peter Jenniskens at the SETI Institute about the videotapes we took of the Leonid meteor storm of 1999. And Dave Walker and I have to resolve some very complicated technical issues about Swat and Storytron.

Meanwhile, the software is falling into shape. There are still a lot of gaps, but we have a basically functional Swat right now and Storytron does its core Deikto function correctly. I have not yet brought up the Engine (the third major component of the entire system), but the core routines are already separately operational and the task now is one of integration.

I had wanted to release an alpha Swat by this time, but it looks as if that won't happen for another couple of weeks. I want to get the dictionary in better shape before I release Swat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home